Google Hangouts Meet Help
All Google apps work best when used in the Chrome browser. This includes Hangouts Meet, Google Classroom, Google Docs, etc.
- If students grades three-12 are using a school-issued Chromebook, they are logged into Chrome upon signing into the Chromebook. No extra steps are needed.
- If students do not have a school-issued Chromebook, it is recommended that parents download the Chrome browser. Click on the following link for the download: Google Chrome Browser Download.
- If students are using the Chrome browser and are having issues joining a meeting, then someone else may be logged into Chrome. That person would need to log out of the Chrome browser and the student would need to log on.
Join a video meeting using a meeting link
- Open the email with the meeting link and click on the link.
- Click Ask to join.
- When someone in the meeting gives you access, you will join it.
Camera and microphone
A message will come up asking for access to the camera and/or microphone. Click yes. Please note, not all computers have a camera. If the computer does not have a camera, the student will use audio only.
Not hearing any sound? Make sure the volume is not muted, and that the volume is turned up high enough to hear.
Any problems should be reported to the Help Desk. Provide as much information as possible to help us troubleshoot the problem. You can reach the Help Desk here.