Frequently Asked Questions about Parent Portal Single Sign-On
What is the PowerSchool Parent Portal?
The Parent Portal is a feature of the PowerSchool Student Information System that provides parents/guardians immediate access to grades, attendance records and demographic information.
How do I get account information for my child?
Every parent/guardian is required to come to school, with proper identification, to obtain his/her user name and password.
I created an account, but now I cannot remember my Username and/or Password. How can I access my account?
On the sign- in screen for the portal, click on the link “Having Trouble Signing In?” just below the password field. Then select either the Forgot Password or Forgot User Name tab on the next screen. Replacement User Name and/or Password information will be sent to you via the email address you provided when you set up the account for the first time.
What if the Access ID and Access Password for my student does not work to link my student to my account?
First, check to be sure that you have accurately entered the Access ID and Access Password exactly as indicated in your letter. If you are still unable to link your student, please call your student’s school for assistance.
Can more than one parent/guardian link their account to a student?
Yes; using the Access ID and Access Password, more than one parent/guardian can set up an account and link to the same student(s). However, each account must have a unique email address.
Can other people see my son’s/daughter’s grades?
No. As long as you protect your username and password, others will not be able to see your child's information.
Whom should I contact if I have a question?
When a concern arises about attendance, assignments, or grades that appear in PowerSchool Parent Portal we ask that you follow these steps:
1. Talk with your child first. Ask them about their grade(s) or attendance before contacting the school.
2. Review the course grading philosophy/system of the teacher. This may answer the question of why the student has received the grade or explain how the assignments add up to the current average.
3. Check to see if there is an assignment description. In the Class Score Detail page if the assignment is listed in blue, you can click on the link for more detailed information. This may help to clarify what was involved or expected for a particular assignment.
4. Check the date of the assignment. An assignment handed in late may receive deductions from its score.
5. Realizing that no system is perfect, if a discrepancy is found please send an email to the teacher. We are all working together to achieve the highest level of consistency and accuracy possible.
What happens to my access to the PowerSchool Parent Portal once my child leaves the district?
Access is automatically disabled if the student transfers or graduates.