- Treat others the way you want to be treated. Keep your comments positive; be truthful, and polite. Think twice about what you are saying before you post or send. Ask yourself, “Would I say this to someone’s face?”
- Be safe. Don’t share any personal information, passwords, addresses, etc. with someone you don’t know.
- Be aware. We all need to look out for each other. If you see something that could be dangerous or hurtful, report it to an adult (parent, teacher, counselor, or administrator).
- Follow copyright laws. If you didn’t create it, you don’t own it. Be sure to give credit if you reuse or repost. Ask permission if required.
- Don’t believe everything you read. Just because it’s written online doesn’t mean it’s true. Fact check!
- Don’t post anything that you don’t want to last forever. Once you post something online, it is out there forever. Just because you delete it, it does not mean it is deleted from cyberspace.
Suspicious Email. If you receive an email from an unknown sender do not open it, just delete the email. Never click on a link if the email appears fishy.